Name: Dao Thi HANG
Mobile: (+84) 932 093 593 DOB: 11/4/1985
What I can offer
- Consult and set up business for start up and social enterprise (Free)
- Public speaking coach for entrepreneurs and politicians
- Leadership and self development training and coach
- Teach English from Zero to Master
- Consult, set up and execute online marketing system.
- Managing Director BambooBoat Fish Sauce Social Enterprise, since January 2013
Bamboo Boat social enterprise produces traditional Vietnamese fish sauce and shrimp paste. The business aims at cultural preservation, create more job opportunities for women and create green supply chain for local economy. We believe that sustainability can be achieved when traditional value is respected and preserved, people living in a harmonious with the environment with love and care for others.
Factory: 57 Le Duan – Ai Tu town – Trieu Phong District – Quang Tri province – Vietnam
- Founder and Trainer at LeaderTalks.com since October 2014
From my own experience, I believe Good English – Better future. English open lots of good opportunities for myself getting scholarship to study abroad, giving my siblings great chances to become English teachers and business men. I want to give this opportunity for everyone who want to have better future by good at English.
We also believe Public Speaking is great way to make change from bottom up. We give training course on Public Speaking for Leaders by creating a LeaderTalks.com platform for people sharing their ideas for a better life and happy society. For almost 3 years, I’ve coached for almost 300 students having very good foundation of pronunciation and telling their stories in an inspiring ways that make good impact in society. Ted inspires me to do this.
Every year, I accept 10 students coming to stay in my house, Hamavillage– teach English and living skills, preparing for them studying abroad. I believe in those students will make a significant impact in society in future. Some of them are going to study in America and Australia this year.
4. Online Marketing Executive for StudyAdelaide in Vietnam, 1/2016-1/2017
5. Founder Greening Vietnam from May 2012
Leading a volunteering team to translate climate change and sustainability knowledge and information into Vietnamese in order to provide latest information for the general public and people working in this area. We hope that people who are working in climate change both adaptation and mitigation might find interesting information to develop for their projects which are both practical and helpful for Vietnam, to use financial support from international organizations efficiently to support green development in Vietnam. We also provide consulting service on climate change, agricultural sustainability and green growth.
6. Leadership Internship at Greening Australia June–August, 2012
- I particularly look at and experience leadership and its implication in practice regarding to how to inspire and motivate staffs working with strong passion and how to build up organizational value from bottom up.
- Engaging with “Biodiverse carbon sink” and “Carbon Farming Initiative” projects by applying Conservation Action Planning (CAP) in South Australia and Victoria. These projects aim at designing and carrying out practical solutions in order to provide carbon sinks and a diversity of ecosystem services in addition to carbon sequestration.
7. Project officer and Researcher at Centre for Rural development in Central Vietnam, September 2008– December 2010
- Engaging with project of “Local communities in Quang Tri Province improves its adaptive capacity and resilience to climate change” funded by the Finland Government.
- Carrying out research on documenting the local experiences in agricultural production to adapt to sandy land, drought conditions and land reforming in coastal areas of Quang Tri Province, Vietnam.
- Conducting training activities, supporting local farmers building agricultural production models (crop production and animal husbandry) adapting to natural disaster and climate change, aiming at improving the livelihood of local farmers.
- Assessing the impacts of climate change on agriculture and build up the National Strategy Program on adapting and mitigating climate change for Quang Tri province.
- Supporting Quang Tri Province in setting up a plan to adapt and mitigate the impacts of climate change on agriculture, and policy recommending integration with social economic developing plan of the province.
- Carrying out scientific research of “The reality and sustainable solutions to develop economy and society in isolated areas of Quang Binh Province, Vietnam”.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Bachelor Agricultural Engineer – Plant Sciences, Hue University of Agriculture and Forestry, September 2004– September 2008 Grade of graduation: Distinction Grade of training: Excellent
Master Carbon Management(Climate change and Sustainability), the University of Adelaide, Australia, January 2011– December 2012 Grade 75%.
Australian Leadership Award, study Master of Carbon Management – The University of Adelaide, Australia, 2011. Funded by Department of Foreign Affairs, Australia.
1. Book: From a Bamboo Boat to Australia, will be published in December 2017
- Hang, DT, 2013, ‘Why Vietnam needs green development and what Vietnam should do to achieve green growth, poverty alleviation and sustainability’, The International workshop “Economics of Climate change and Policy Implication for Vietnam, Ha Noi, 1st March,
- Hang, DT & Brook, B 2012, ‘Are sea level rise scenarios plausible? Projecting sea level rise impact on land use and mangrove forests in Ca Mau Peninsula, Vietnam’, The 19th Tri-U International Joint Seminar and Symposium on “The Role of Asia in Communities and Sustainable Development”, Indonesia, 21-26th October, 2012.
- The President of Vietnamese International Student Association in South Australia, 2011- 2012,
- National Executive member of Australian Vietnamese Friendship Society, 2011-2012,
- Translator of Ted.com, focusing on Leadership and Sustainability. Username: Hang Dao
- Secretary of Student Union, Hue University of Agriculture and Forestry, 2004-2007
Signature Date of signing
Dao Thi Hang March 15th 2017